Takahashi Refractor OTA, TOA-130NB 130MM ED Triplet APO, 4" Focuser, TSA0131
Item No. 611-50251
Special Order Item
Manuf. No. Takahashi TSA0131
Takahashi TOA-130NFB Refractor Telescope OTA, TSA0131
The Takahashi TOA-130NFB is the first of Takahashi's newest optical design: The Ortho-Apochromat. This 21st century innovation employs a newly designed triplet using special elements to produce the highest order of color correction. Orthoscopic means perfected visually and Apochromatic means you're free from those strange violet glows which often accompany bright stars or planets. Thanks to the ingenious design of layering an FPL-53 Extra-low Dispersion glass element between two extreme quality crown and flint elements - perfection ensues. And what's more, it's air spaced, so there's no oil between the elements to leak or become opaque with age. The lens cells are durably constructed to withstand transport - yet are fully able to be collimated should the owner wish to make adjustments. With 1/12th wave accuracy and an airy-disc Strehl ratio of 0.992, the optics on the Takahashi TOA-130NFB Ortho-APO are as near to perfection as you can get!
The Takahashi TOA-130NFB Ortho-APO is a dream come true for those who want to use a medium format camera. It includes a deluxe 4" focuser with built ýCin camera angle adjuster. The camera angle adjuster enables the observer or astrophotographer to turn the ocular or camera 360 degrees to better view or frame an object to be photographed. The 4" focuser, coupled with the optional dedicated flattener, will produce a fully illuminated 70mm circle with a usable 92mm diameter. But that's not all. The focuser itself offers a generous 274.5mm of backfocus to allow the use of additional accessories, like adding on color filter wheels, etc. What's more, the focuser itself offers "no slip" stability with dual knobs for ease of use and 2" threaded eyepiece/accessory holder with 1.25" compression ring eyepiece holder also supplied - along with Scopeguard finder quick-release.
The Takahashi TOA-130 Refractor is perfect for visual, CCD and classic astrophotography. The f/7.7 focal ratio with a 1000mm focal length is long enough (using the optional LE-ED 2.8mm Takahashi ocular, for instance) for high magnification observations of the Moon and planets and yet will produce a 2.5 degree field at 20x when used with the optional Takahashi flat field LE-50 2 " ocular. The high order of color correction of the Ortho-Apochromat Series produces images with saturated color and, thanks to the numerous knife-edged baffles, it also displays an image with amazing contrast - all packaged in a short, 32" tube with the dew preventive lens shade retracted that weighs only 22 pounds.
Five year Takahashi Warranty.
- Ortho-Apochromatic Triplet Lens incorporates an FPL-53 Extra-low Dispersion glass element sandwiched between two crown glass to eliminate chromatic aberration.
- The Takahashi TOA-130NFB Refractor Telescope provides 1000mm focal length and an f/7.7 focal ratio, which provides a 92mm image circle and a photographic field of 5.3 degrees for unvignetted imaging.
- For superior light transmission and excellent contrast, all surfaces are fully multi-coated with multiple layers of antireflection materials and the tube interior is knife-edge baffled.
- The Takahashi TOA-130NFB Refractor Telescope offers a quality 4" rack and pinion focuser featuring 274.5mm of backfocus, dual knobs and built-in 360 degree camera angle adjuster.
- Offers an outstanding resolution of 0.89 arc seconds and limiting visual magnitude of 13.1.