Meade Telescope Refractor Series 6000 115MM ED Triplet APO F/7 OTA, 3" 2-Speed Focuser, 2" Diagonal, Rings, Dovetail, Case, 8X50 Finderscope, 4507-00-05
Item No. 612-00210
Eligible for Scope City Rewards at Check-out
Manuf. No. Meade 4507-00-05
(arrives February 2012)
Meade Series 6000 Telescope 115mm ED Triplet Refractor, 805mm Focal Length, 8x50 Viewfinder, 4507-00-05
The Meade Series 6000 115mm refractor uses a quality fluoro crown ED glass element and state-of-the-art optical multicoatings in its apochromatic air-spaced ED triplet optics. The result is images that are essentially free of the annoying halo of unfocused violet light (chromatic aberration) that mars the view of bright stars and solar system objects in lesser scopes, despite the scope's relatively large aperture and even at very high magnifications.
The Meade 115mm is an excellent astrograph for serious wide field imaging, as well as crisp solar system imaging. It can also be the heart of your primary visual observing system.
- Air-spaced ED apochromatic triplet refractor optics: 115mm (4.5") aperture, 805mm focal length, f/7 focal ratio three-lens air-spaced optical system. The optics use a center lens element of FK-61 fluoro crown ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass.
- Fully multicoated optics: The 115mm Meade triplet objective lens has antireflection multicoatings on all air-to-glass surfaces for high light transmission, minimal light scatter and excellent contrast.
- Internal light baffles: Contrast-enhancing internal light baffles and a specially darkened tube interior provide dark sky backgrounds and high lunar/planetary contrast.
- Dew shield: The supplied slip fit dew shield slows the formation of dew on the lens in cold weather to extend your undisturbed observing time.
- Dual speed 3" Crayford focuser with 2" accessory holder: The precision-made no-backlash focuser has dual-speed focusing. There are two coarse focusing knobs. The right knob also has a smaller concentric knob with a 10:1 reduction gear microfine focusing ratio.
- 2" dielectric star diagonal and compression ring eyepiece holders: The supplied standard equipment 2" Meade Series 5000 mirror star diagonal of the 115mm Meade apo slips into the focuser drawtube's 2" accessory holder.
- Finderscope: The Meade 115mm Series 6000 apo comes with an 8 x 50mm straight-through finderscope (not shown in the images on this page) that is mounted in a quick-release bracket. The finder is fully multicoated to insure maximum brightness and contrast.
- Mounting rings and dovetail: The 115mm Meade Series 6000 apo has dual split hinged mounting rings with a dovetail plate that fits the Vixen-style dovetail slot on the head of many of the most popular medium capacity German equatorial mounts.
- Aperture 4.5"
- Focal Length 805mm
- Focal Ratio f/7
- Focuser 3" Dual Speed Crayford
- Viewfinder 8x50
- Diameter 4.5" (115mm)
- Meade 115mm ED Triplet Refractor Telescope
- Dual Speed Crayford Focuser
- Aluminum Hard Carry Case
- 2" Aluminum Cradle Ring Assembly with Dovetail Meade Series 5000 2" Diagonal
- 8 x 50 Viewfinder
- Meade 1 Year Limited Warranty