Meade Telescope Refractor OTA Series 6000 80MM ED Triplet APO F/6 OTA, 2" 2-Speed Focuser, 2" Diagonal, Rings, Dovetail, Case, 0306-00-05
Item No. 612-00200
Eligible for Scope City Rewards at Check-out
Manuf. No. Meade 0306-00-05
(arrives February 2012)
Meade Series 6000 80mm f/6 ED Triplet APO Refractor Telescope, 0306-00-05
The Meade Series 6000 80mm refractor uses a premium FPL-53 ED glass element and state-of-the-art optical multicoatings in its apochromatic air-spaced triplet optics. The result is images that are essentially free of the annoying halo of unfocused violet light (chromatic aberration) that mars the view of bright stars and solar system objects in lesser scopes, despite the scope's relatively large aperture and even at very high magnifications.
The Meade 80mm is an excellent astrograph for wide field imaging, as well as crisp solar system imaging. It is compact enough to be your year-round travel scope or your grab-and-go scope for spur of the moment backyard observing.
- Air-spaced ED apochromatic triplet refractor optics: 80mm (3.15") aperture, 480mm focal length, f/6 focal ratio three-lens air-spaced optical system. The optics use a center lens element of premium FPL-53 ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass.
- Fully multicoated optics: The 80mm Meade triplet objective lens has antireflection multicoatings on all air-to-glass surfaces for high light transmission, minimal light scatter and excellent contrast.
- Internal light baffles: Contrast-enhancing internal light baffles and a specially darkened tube interior provide dark sky backgrounds and high lunar/planetary contrast.
- Dew shield: The supplied retractable dew shield slows the formation of dew on the lens in cold weather to extend your undisturbed observing time.
- Dual speed 2" Crayford focuser with 2" accessory holder: The precision-made no-backlash focuser has dual-speed focusing. There are two coarse focusing knobs. The right knob also has a smaller concentric knob with a 10:1 reduction gear microfine focusing ratio.
- 2" dielectric star diagonal and compression ring eyepiece holders: The supplied standard equipment 2" Meade Series 5000 mirror star diagonal of the 80mm Meade apo slips into the focuser drawtube's 2" accessory holder.
- Mounting rings and dovetail: The 80mm Meade Series 6000 apo has dual split hinged mounting rings with a dovetail plate that fits the Vixen-style dovetail slot on the head of many of the most popular medium capacity German equatorial mounts.
- Magnification 160x
- Magnitude 12
- Focal Length 480mm
- Focal Ratio f/6
- Resolution 1.45 arc seconds
- Aperture 3.15 inch
- Meade 6000 80mm f/6 ED Triplet APO Telescope
- Meade Series 5000
- Dual Speed Crayford Focuser
- Aluminum Cradle Rings with Dovetail
- Hard Carry Case
- Meade 1 Year Warranty