Imaging Source CCD CAMERAS 60 fps USB 2.0 camera 640x480 Color 1/4" with IR cut DFK21AU618.AS
Item No. 798-10010
Manuf. No. Imaging Source DFK21AU618.AS
Imaging Source USB Color Camera with 60 fps for Sony CCD Astronomy, 640x480, DFK 21AU618.AS
Order delivery: 6-8 weeks from date of order. No lens included.
Up to 60 color frame per second
The astronomy camera DFK 21AU618.AS outputs up to 60 color images per second. It is therefore ideally suited to methods in astrophotography that require high frame rates. Using the shipped software - IC Capture.AS - you can capture lossless and uncompressed images sequences as AVI files.
Fast display of color images
IC Capture.AS performs color interpolation on the raw color data (RAW format) from the CCD chip. This reduces the load on the camera processor. Should, on the other hand, the camera be installed on a host PC in which the CPU is not particularly fast, color interpolation can be performed by the camera itself. In this case, the maximum refresh rate is 30 fps. Alternatively, should color interpolation not be desirable at all, AVI files can be written in RAW format.
Sony color CCD
The camera DFK 21AU618.AS uses the near infrared, extremely sensitive CCD ICX618AQA from Sony. It outputs a resolution of 640 x 480 pixel at a 1/4" format. Even at long exposure times, its noise is minimal. The high quality of the Sony ICX618AQA also permits its deployment in scientific image processing applications.
IR Cut Filter
The CCD camera DFK 21AU04.AS is equipped with an IR cut filter that blocks wavelengths above 700nm. Thus, its properties are similar to those of the human eye.
Fast data transfer via USB 2.0
STR_DFK21AU618AS_GENERATES_HIGH_FRAME_RATE_ In order to transfer these to the host PC, a very fast bus is required. Hence, the camera is fitted with a USB 2.0 connector.
Shipped software for Windows
This camera ships with the camera driver and the control software IC Capture.AS. To learn more about these software products, please take a look at the software section.
- Product Code: DFK 21AU618.AS
- Type: color USB camera with IR cut filter
- Connection: USB
- Manufacturer: The Imaging Source
- Sensor: CCD
- Type: progressive scan
- Sensor specification: Sony ICX618AQA PDF
- Format: 1/4"
- Resolution: 640 x 480 pixel
- Dynamic range: 8 bit
- Exposure time: 1/10000 s to 60 minutes
- Gain: 0 dB to 36 dB
- FPS @ Max resolution: 60 fps
- Video formats @ Frame rate:
640 x 480, BY8 (RAW) @ 60, 30, 15, 7.5, 3.75 fps
640 x 480, UYVY @ 30, 15, 7.5, 3.75 fps
- Lens mount: C/CS mount
- Supply voltage: 4.5 V to 5.5 V via the cable
- Current consumption: approx 500 mA @ 5 VDC
- Dimensions: (H x W x L) 50.6 mm x 50.6 mm x 50 mm
- Mass: 265 g
- Max. temperature (operation): -5 degree C to 45 degree C
- Max. temperature (storage): -20 degree C to 60 degree C
- Max. humidity (operation): 20 % to 80 %
- Max. humidity (storage): 20 % to 95 %