Takahashi Telescope Mewlon-210, EM-200 temma 2 mount TLS2145
Item No. 111-10254
Special Order Item
Manuf. No. Takahashi TLS2145
Takahashi Mewlon-210UH Telescope, 8.3" f/11.5 Dall-Kirkham, with EM-200 Temma-2 go-to mount, FC-L tripod, TLS2145
The Mewlon Series of Dall-Kirkham Telescopes by Takahashi combines refractor-like performance in a larger folded optic reflector design.
The standard EM-200 or optional NJP mounts provide a stable, accurate platform for the M-210. The integral polar alignment telescope and R.A. axis level make accurate polar alignment to within 2 arc minutes of the celestial pole quick and easy. The reticle is designed to be used in either Hemisphere until the year 2030. No other manufacturer uses such a highly accurate polar telescope. SPECIFICATIONS for the M-210 (Tube assembly only)
The EM-200 provides a stable support for all types of instrument (refractor, reflector or cassegrain) weighing up to 18kg. The modern aesthetic design of the EM-200 is highly attractive as well as beautifully functional. The RA and DEC stepper motors are fully integrated into the mounting, the high precision design and construction provides cyclic errors lower than +/- 5 arc seconds.
- Effective aperture 210mm
- Focal length (prime focus) 2415mm/1961mm w/reducer
- Focal ratio (prime focus) F/11.5-F/9.3 w/reducer
- Resolution 0.55"
- Limiting magnitude 13.4
- Light grasp 900x
- Image circle 18mm/39mm w/reducer
- Photographic field 1.2 degree w/reducer
- Total length of main tube 700mm
- Diameter of main tube 244mm
- Primary mirror 220mm F/2.9
- Secondary mirror 65mm /X4
- Secondary Obstruction 31%
- Finder scope 7x50 6.3 degree
- Gross wt. of main tube assembly 8kg (17.6lbs)
The integrated polar alignment telescope has an illuminated reticule which can be dimmed to suit the user or observing conditions. This in conjunction with the precision altitude and azimuth adjusters will typically give polar alignment accuracy within 2 minutes of arc of the celestial pole.
With a function-full hand controller, options on tripods and piers and also optional digital setting circles the EM-200 is an ideal mounting for the serious amateur.
150x and 400x Temma "Go To" versions now available.
All "Go To" mounts are provided with RS232C cable, ST-4 or ST-7 cable shaft encoders and first quality electric motors.
The mount can operate in Temma mode and in the normal mode using the hand control.
The Temma requires the use of a PC to operate.
SPECIFICATIONS for the EM-200
- R.A. Slow-Motion Motor driven
- DEC. Slow-Motion Motor driven
- Azimuth Adjustment 30°
- Elevation 0-50° or 5-50°
- Setting Circles R.A. -10' increments; DEC. -2° increments
- Tracking Accuracy 5 arc seconds
- Loading Capacity 16kg (35.2 lbs)
- Gross Weight including
- Counter-weight 25.5kg (56.2 lbs) (w/5kgx2 c/w)
- Polar Finder Built-in with 5' setting accuracy, scale pattern effective until 2015 with quick reference dial for N/S
- Motor Drive Sidereal rate, N/S switching
- Slewing Speed (R.A.) 0.05x--2x
(R.A. high speed mode) 2x--16x
(DEC. high speed mode) 30--240 arc/sec
- Operating Voltage 12V DC
- Power Consumption 250mA--500mA