Takahashi Telescope TOA-150 triplet APO, EM-400 Mount, Metal tripod TSS1503
Item No. 111-10241
Special Order Item
Manuf. No. Takahashi TSS1503
Takahashi TOA-150B - 5.9" f/7.33 Ortho-Apochromat Triplet Refractor Telescope with EM-400 Mount, Adjustable Tripod
SAME AS TSS1501 EXCEPT METAL ADJUSTABLE TRIPOD USED IN PLACE OF SR-L WOODEN TRIPOD
Takahashi TOA-150B - 5.9" f/7.33 Ortho-Apochromat Triplet Refractor Telescope
The TOA-150 is the second Takahashi Ortho Apochromat to be developed by Takahashi. It features a newly designed triplet objective. This new design like its smaller companion the TOA-130 is absolutely color free. The 179mm oversized tube was used to provide superior baffling and extremely high contrast. Knife edged baffles inside the tube help provide this great contrast. The high contrast and total lack of color makes the TOA-150 not only an outstanding optical instrument, but it can be used to make outstanding images with a CCD, digital SLR or film camera. Framing the image or placing the ocular in a convenient position is made simple because of the built-in camera angle adjuster that allows the 360? rotation of the camera or ocular without loss of focus. The smooth heavy duty retractable lens shade allows the length of the TOA-150 to be reduced to 38?easy transport to remote sites. Attaching the Extender TOA converts the 150 into and f/11.68 planetary instrument capable of very high magnification images. It maintains the color correction and flattens the field.
The Takahashi TOA-150B employs a newly designed triplet using special elements to produce the highest order of color correction. Orthoscopic means perfected visually and Apochromatic means you're free from those strange violet glows which often accompany bright stars or planets. Thanks to the ingenious design of layering an FPL-53 Extra-low Dispersion glass element between two extreme quality crown and flint elements - perfection ensues. And what's more, it's air spaced, so there's no oil between the elements to leak or become opaque with age. The lens cells are durably constructed to withstand transport - yet are fully able to be collimated should the owner wish to make adjustments. With 1/12th wave accuracy and an airy-disc Strehl ratio of 0.992, the optics on the Takahashi TOA-150B Ortho-APO are as near to perfection as you can get!
The Takahashi TOA-150B Ortho-APO is a dream come true for those who want to use a medium format camera. It includes a newly designed 4" focuser that uses a long stroke linear bearing designed to handle heavy instrument packages with ease. LIke the FSQ-106ED, the focuser on the TOA-150B uses a trigger lock focus lock and has a new pinion assembly. A camera angle adjuster is included, and enables the observer or astrophotographer to turn the ocular or camera 360 degrees to better view or frame an object to be photographed. The 4" focuser, coupled with the optional dedicated flattener, will produce a fully usable 90mm diameter image circle. But that's not all. The focuser itself offers a generous 225mm of backfocus to allow the use of additional accessories, like adding on color filter wheels, etc. What's more, the focuser itself offers "no slip" stability with dual knobs for ease of use, 10:1 Micro Edge Focuser and 2" threaded eyepiece/accessory holder with 1.25" compression ring eyepiece holder also supplied - along with Scopeguard finder quick-release.
The Takahashi TOA-150B Refractor is perfect for visual, CCD and classic astrophotography. The f/7.3 focal ratio with a 1100mm focal length is long enough for high magnification observations of the Moon and attaching the optional Extender TOA converts the TOA-150 APO into a f/11.68 planetary instrument capable of very high magnification. You'll get images which display.the high order of color correction of the Ortho-Apochromat Series without saturated color and, thanks to the numerous knife-edged baffles, it displays amazing contrast - all packaged in a short, 38" tube with the dew preventive lens shade retracted that weighs just under 43 pounds. It even has an optional convenient handle at the rear - located just before the focuser - which will allow for an easy grip for carrying and setting up the optical tube.
Takahashi EM-400 Mount
- New design 150mm triplet Ortho apochromat
- Extremely high order of color correction, absolutely color free images
- Highly portable with a retractable lens shade, compact tube
- 10 to 1 fine focuser and finder quick release standard
- 4?ser w/camera rotator bearing allows 360? rotation without losing focus
- Optional f/5.5 Super Reducer for medium format CCD cameras and large chip digital SLR?li>Oversized tube for superior baffling
- Knife edge baffles for extremely high contrast images
- enhanced back focus to allow the use of any combination of CCD camera, filter wheel, binocular viewer or 2?onal
The new EM-400 Temma II mount has been developed to fill the gap between the NJP and EM-500 mount. It has been designed to carry an 85 lb. load. The Takahashi EM-400 mount disassembles into three sections: The R.A./Dec assembly, the base assembly, and the counterweight shaft. This reduces the heaviest part to 49 lbs (22.3kgs), which is lighter than the weight of the NJP equatorial head. This makes transportation and set-up easier.
What's more, the entire mount rotates 360 degree on it's base for easier set-up, and allows the tripod to be set in the most secure position. All of the cables attach to the underside of the Dec. housing and the use of internal encoders allows the mount to be used without having the cable wrap around in inconvenient positions. The 8kg. counterweights use two lock screws for more secure attachment to the counterweight shaft.
The Takahashi EM-400 mount uses the highly accurate EM-200 computing reticle with an 11X eyepiece to allow three arc minute polar alignment to the celestial pole. This reticle is useable until the year 2040. The EM-400 is a dual-voltage mount that will operate on either 12 volts (500X sidereal) or 24 volts (500X sidereal). The Temma II system is compatible with The Sky and other popular software using the free ASCOM and Linux drivers. This mount can be used anywhere in the world with a latitude adjustment from 0 degree to 50 degree in either hemisphere.
Specifications For Takahashi EM-400 Mount
- Type German Equatorial Mount
- R.A. slow-motion Motor driven
- DEC. slow-motion Motor driven
- Azimuth adjustment +/- 10 degree with rotary base plate
- Elevation adjustment with ML altitude wedge: 0 degree to 50 degree with HL altitude wedge : 15 degree to 55 degree (default version for Europe)
- Polar finder / Accuracy - Built-in / 2' - 4.4 degrees
- R.A. setting circles accuracy No setting circles
- DEC. setting circles accuracy No setting circles
- Encoders Included
- Weight Main block : 22.5 kg
- Altitude wedge : 5.2 kg
- Total weight (with counterweight shaft) : 29.5 kg
- Counterweights 2 x 8kg
- Maximal loading capacity 35 kg (without counterweight)
- Optimal loading capacity 20 kg (without counterweight)
- Operating voltage 12V / 24V DC - 12v DC only for high speed operation
- Power consumption @12VDC : 0.5/0.7A (NS, sidereal rate and tracking speed) ; 1.6A (HS, pointing speed) @24VDC : 0.4/0.9A (NS, sidereal rate and tracking speed) ; 1.4A (HS, pointing speed)
- Standby mode : 0.1A
- Tube mounting Flat base with 4 x M10 et 2 x M8 screws
- Mounting capacities Tube rings, plates and dovetail mounting plates
- R.A. axis diameter (material) 40 mm (steel)
- R.A. worm gear shaft diameter (material) 20 mm (steel)
- R.A. gear diameter (material) 150 mm/180 teeth (bronze)
- DEC. axis diameter (material) 40 mm (steel)
- DEC. worm gear shaft (material) 20 mm (steel)
- DEC. gear diameter (material) 150 mm/180 teeth (bronze)
- Type Temma-2
- Stepper motor accuracy 50 pps
- Slow motion speeds R.A. : 0.1x to 1.9x sidereal rate
- DEC. : +/- 1.5' to 13.5' (by increment of 1.5'/sec) High speed mode 12V. : 500x sidereal rate (R.A.), +/- 1 degree /sec (DEC.) 24V. : 500x sidereal rate (R.A.), +/- 2 degree /sec (DEC.)
- Worm gear shaft cycle 8 minutes
- Tracking accuracy +/- 5"
- Autoguiding SBIG compatible (mini-DIN PS2 connector)
- PC connectivity RS-232C serial port (with S-VHS to DB-9 cable)