Parallax Instruments HD300C Computerized Observatory Class German EQ mount w/AP GTO Computer System, 300 lb capacity HD300C
Item No. 608-51300
Special Order Item
Manuf. No. Parallax Instruments HD300C
A 50% deposit is required for ordering this product.
Parallax Instruments Mount, Observatory Class German Equatorials with the Astro-Physics GTO Computer System, HD300C
In an effort to provide extra large capacity mountings to the advanced amateur or institution, Parallax Instruments, Inc. offers the massive fully computerized HD300C German equatorial mount. These no compromise instruments are designed to deliver up to 300 lb. of load carrying capacity at a very reasonable price. Only the finest bearings, gears, and stainless hardware are employed for unmatched strength, rigidity, and tracking precision. The polar axis housing is custom manufactured for the customer's exact latitude at no additional cost as is the height of our optional welded steel observatory piers.
The HD300C instrument employs the Astro-Physics GTO Computer system with an electronics accuracy of better than 2 arc seconds. When mated to the high precision Byers dual axis Starmaster gears, DC servo motors, and high performance planetary gearheads, the result is a mount with incredible tracking capabilities.
- 5" dia. shaft in RA and 3" dia. shaft in DEC
- Oversized Timken tapered roller bearings for superb strength
- Standard 18" dia. Byers "Starmaster" RA worm gear with mating stainless worm
- Standard 15" dia. Byers "Starmaster" DEC worm gear with mating stainless worm
- Mating stainless steel worm supported by precision radial bearings
- 18 VDC servo motors deliver unmatched torque
- Spur gear reduction system
- Close coupled RA to DEC junction and extra large thrust surfaces for maximum rigidity
- Protective worm gear shields and gear covers
- Fully adjustable worm to worm wheel adjustment mechanism
- Heavy duty saddle built to customer's requirements
- Easily adjustable fluted clutch tensioning knobs - beautiful, long-lasting gold clear-coat finish
- Detachable counterweight shaft
- (2) 55 lb. machined, gloss black finished counterweights are standard
- Micrometric latitude adjust bolts with locking device
- Beautiful, durable, dark metallic gray, acrylic enamel finish. Gloss black or gloss white available optionally.
- Tube mounting rings are available for any diameter telescope tube
- Rock solid, welded steel observatory pier available as an option
- Equatorial head disassembles easily for installation and setup.
- Weight of equatorial head without counterweight shaft: approx. 250 lbs.
- Weight of detachable counterweight shaft: approx. 45 lbs.