Parallax Instruments HD150C Computerized German EQ mount w/AP GTO Computer System, 150 lb capacity HD150C
Item No. 608-50600
Special Order Item
Manuf. No. Parallax Instruments HD150C
A 50% deposit is required for ordering this product.
Parallax Instruments Mount, German Equatorials with the Astro-Physics GTO Computer System, HD150C
Parallax also offers our larger German Equatorials with the Astro-Physics GTO Computer System. With its exceptional accuracy and stability, this control system will satisfy the most demanding amateur and professional requirements. The features of the GTO System enables any celestial object to be located and tracked for hours with arc second accuracy. The new DigitalSky Voice system can easily be coupled to the GTO System.
The HD 150C and HD 200C are designed to be completely self contained systems. No additional hardware or software is required. All system controls are contained in the hand held keypad including the vacuum fluorescent display. The 7.15" x 4.1" x 1" controller incorporates laboratory accuracy electronics and self explanatory software.
The polar and declination housings of the HD 150C and HD 200C are precision machined out of type 6061 aluminum bar to exacting tolerances; so important to the demanding performance required of a computer controlled instrument. Large thrust surfaces and close coupling of the declination to polar housing junction assures strength and rapid vibration dampening.
HD150C GTO MOUNT FEATURES
- 2.00" dia. stainless steel shafts in RA and DEC
- Head breaks down in seconds into 2 light-weight sub-assemblies for easy transport
- 9" dia. Byers "Starmaster" gears in both RA and DEC with mating stainless steel worm for extremely low periodic error - gears are gold anodized
- Precision spur gear reduction system (far superior to belt driven reduction systems)
- Easily adjustable fluted clutch tensioning knobs - polished aluminum finish (gold clear-coat finish optional)
- Detachable stainless steel Declination counterweight shaft with safety stop
- Precision Timken tapered roller bearings
- 8" dia. 7075 solid aluminum thrust surfaces
- Micrometric altitude and azimuth adjustment devices
- Fully enclosed worm gears
- Fully adjustable worm to worm wheel mesh mechanism
- Choice of 16" long flat aluminum saddleplate or Losmandy dovetail saddleplate
- (1) 33 lb. machined counterweight with brass locking pin
- Advanced dual axis 12 VDC servo motor drive system results in exceptionally quiet, smooth, and reliable operation
- Optional 10" dia., reinforced portable aluminum pier with heavy duty pier legs, bubble level, and levelers.
- Breaks down in seconds for easy transport. (Please specify pier height)
- Beautiful, durable, dark metallic gray, acrylic enamel finish. Gloss black or gloss white available optionally.
- Recommended payload: approx. 160 lbs.
- Weight of equatorial head: approx. 85 lbs. (breaks down into 2 sub-assemblies)