Parallax Instruments Mounts HD150 Standard, Non-GOTO, German EQ mount w/digital drives, 150lb capacity HD150
Item No. 608-50000
Special Order Item
Manuf. No. Parallax Instruments HD150
A 50% deposit is required for ordering this product.
Parallax Instruments Standard German Equatorial Mount w/Digital Drive, HD150
Parallax German Equatorial Mounts
Parallax offers 4 models of equatorial mounts. The standard HD150, our fully computerized HD150C and HD200C, and the heavy duty observatory HD300C. Custom mounts up to 4" diameter shafts can be manufactured as special order. All mounts utilize stainless steel shafts and hardware for maximum corrosion resistance. All other components are machined of either high quality aluminum castings or solid bar. Our 10" diameter heavy wall aluminum pier is unmatched in strength with pier legs that wrap around the pier a full 60 degrees of the pier's circumference. We also specialize in custom welded steel permanent observatory piers in any size and height to suit your requirements.
MOUNT FEATURES OF PARALLAX HD150, STANDARD, NON-GOTO, GERMAN EQUATORIAL MOUNT WITH DIGITAL DRIVES
- 2" dia. stainless steel shafts in RA and DEC
- Precision Timken tapered roller bearings for strength and smooth motions
- Easily adjustable clutch tension knobs.
- Detachable stainless steel Declination counterweight shaft with safety stop
- (1) 33 lb. machined counterweight with brass pin
- 9" dia. 360 tooth precision Byers "Starmaster" worm gears in RA and DEC with mating s.s. worms (larger gears are available depending on load)
- Worm gear protective shields
- Fully adjustable worm to worm wheel mesh mechanism
- Machined aluminum saddle plate
- DC stepper motors for smooth tracking and minimum current consumption
- Losmandy dual axis digital electronics package with full featured, hand held drive controller and control panel. (4) selectable tracking rates : sidereal, king, lunar, and solar, (3) slewing rates of 4X, 8X, and 16X, and (3) photo guide rates of 30%, 50%, and 2X. Advanced PEC (periodic error correction) is also standard.
- Reversible RA drive permits operation in either hemisphere.
- Laser etched setting circles, direct reading indexed to the motion of the RA gear.
- Bubble level and micrometric latitude and azimuth adjust devices.
- Optional rock solid, reinforced 10" dia. aluminum pier with massive pier legs and swivel type levelers (observatory permanent piers also optionally available).
- Beautiful, durable, dark metallic gray, acrylic enamel finish. Gloss black or gloss white available optionally.
- Mount breaks down in seconds into (2) sub-assemblies.