KONUS MICROSCOPE PREPARED SLIDES, PLANT REPRODUCTION AND PROPAGATION, 10 SLIDES 4881
Item No. 319-34924
Manuf. No. Konus 4881
Konus Prepared Slides Plant Reproduction and Propagation, 10 Slides for Microscopes, 4881
Plant reproduction generally occurs when an eggcell (female) and a spermatic cell (male) meet, as happens in the majority of animales. Unlike animals, plants do not couple. With the exception of bacteria and some unicellular algae which reproduce by division, that is by dividing into two parts, plants need to find some sort of system so as to let eggs and sperms meet. In most cases the female plants quietly wait until the male elements come and find them. These elements, in form of spore or pollen, are brought to them by insects, such as noney-bees, for example, or by wind or water.
This microslide set will assist you in learning to recognize eggs, pollen graules cantaining male cells and spore of many different vegetal types, each one with its own different way of propagation.
Konus's prepared slide set is the perfect microscope accessory. It allows you to use your new microscope right "out of the box". Each prepared slide is full size - 1" x 3" (25mm x 76mm) ensuring correct color and sharp images of the specimens.
This 10pc set includes:
Also includes ten empty slides.
- 1. Bacteria rod-shaped bacilli in fission.
- 2. Seaweed, Focus thallus t.s.
- 3. Cornsmut Ustilago spore w.m.
- 4. Pine (Pinus), male cone with pollen t.s.
- 5. Pine pollen grains with air bag w.m.
- 6. Chive, flower with anthers, ovaries t.s.
- 7. Lily anthers development of pollen t.s.
- 8. Tulip (Tulipa) t.s. ovary with ovules.
- 9. Iris t.s. of seed of embryo.
- 10. Tomato (Solanum) young fruit t.s.
This slide set comes in a protective wooden box to keep them safe. A detailed listing describes each specimen on each slide. There will be no guessing at what you are looking at.