FIREFLY BOOK: STARGAZING WITH BINOCULARS - SCAGELL & FRYDMAN 978-1-55407-368-9
Item No. 896-23207
Manuf. No. Firefly 978-1-55407-368-9
Stargazing with Binoculars, Firefly Books, 978-1-55407-368-9
A practical, concise beginner's guide to viewing the night sky through binoculars.
Stargazing with Binoculars is ideal for newcomers to astronomy. Authors Robin Scagell and David Frydman include the wide range of binoculars on the market and provide advice on features to consider when making a purchase. The book guides the beginner through the first steps of using binoculars to observe the night sky, describes what will be visible, and shows how to find specific objects.
Illustrated throughout and filled with handy tips, the book covers:
Stargazing with Binoculars is a practical, easy-to-read handbook for newcomers to astronomy, whatever their age.
- What to expect from binoculars and how they actually work
- Buying binoculars for the first time
- Upgrading after the first purchase
- Observing the sun, the moon, planets, comets, asteroids, stars, clusters, variable stars, double stars, novas, nebulas and galaxies
- The effects of light pollution
- Observing from the city and from the countryside
- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: Firefly Books (March 14, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1554073685
- ISBN-13: 978-1554073689