BAADER ROWE COMA CORRECTOR FOR NEWTONIANS, TRIPLET, LONG BACK FOCUS #2956800 RCC-1
Item No. 724-39000
Eligible for Scope City Rewards at Check-out
Manuf. No. Baader Planetarium RCC-I
Baader Planetarium Rowe Coma Corrector for Newton Telescopes with Long Working Distance, RCC-1
Baader RCC-1 (Rowe Coma Corrector) is a novel Coma Corrector by Dave Rowe with triplet lens design for f/4 Newtonian telescopes (also f/3.5 to f/6).
Photographic Newtonian systems in which an off axis guider is fitted between the Correktor and the chip, the RCC has an ideal chip distance of 91.5mm from the T2 thread.
If you wanted to connect your camera (without an Off-Axis Guider) to an RCC through a T-Ring, we'd recommend a VariLock 46 T-2 extender (2956946 #25V) with an engraved half millimetre scale, so that the ideal distance between the camera chip + T-Ring and the RCC can be produced quickly even at e.g. 36.5mm. In the RCC-triplet optical system, each glass / air surface is complete with Baader's Phantom Group Coating (R matted) in order to obtain maximum light throughput.
- The RCC works great from f/3.5 to f / 6 - it works perfectly at f / 4
- The image scale is 1:1 - i.e. the RCC is NOT a weak Barlow lens - like many other coma correctors, which cause large image separation by a Barlow function!
- The RCC is the only coma corrector that allows CCD cameras with filter wheel and adaptive optics systems combine, without extending the aperture ratio.
To sink the RCC further into the focuser the knurled ring can be unscrewed.
- Image ratio: 1:1
- Range: f/3.5 - f / 6
- Focus position (ideal chip distance): 91.5 mm from T2 thread / 94.5 mm from M48 thread
- Telescope side connection: 2" diameter with M48 Filter thread
- Camera side connection: T2 (M42 x 0.75) and M48 thread
- Maximum depth: 73 mm / when the stop ring removed: 75 mm / when the stop ring removed and with the RCC Off Axis Guider: 84mm
- Case Diameter: 50.8mm / 2"