EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC 127MM F/6.5 ACHROMATIC DOUBLET REFRACTOR DAR127065-00
Item No. 637-00100
Manuf. No. Explore Scientific DAR127065-01
Explore Scientific AR127 f/6.5 Air-Spaced Doublet Achromat Refractor, DAR127065-00
The classic air-spaced, crown-and-flint, doublet achromatic refractor is reborn with the aim to produce superior-class optical figure in a short (f/6.5) focal length design with Explore Scientific Air-Spaced Doublet AR Series. These optics are an extreme value, produce stunning images of deep sky objects, double stars, planets, and the moon that are a small fraction of the price of comparable aperture apochromat refractors. Finally one can own a diffraction-limited high quality refractor for a relatively modest investment.
Designed to handle the rigors of public star parties and educational outreach, the Explore Scientific AR Series has standard hardware which includes a precision 10:1 two-speed focuser, a 2-inch diagonal, an 8x50 finder scope, and a case. You can be confident that the quality and construction of these telescopes will allow heavy use for many years and are backed with a transferrable Five Year USA Limited Warranty.
The optics in their collimatable lens cell are fully multi-coated to eliminate light scatter and maintain image contrast. We precision collimate every Explore Scientific telescope at our factory to give optimum performance. Although you may never need to adjust optical alignment, the AR Series allows for collimating the lens set should the telescope ever require it.
Contrast is further enhanced with multiple baffles that mask and deflect unwanted stray light. Features
- Deluxe 10:1 Two-Speed Focuser - The Explore Scientific Air-Spaced Doublet AR Series telescopes include a precision 2-inch ten-to-one, two-speed as standard equipment. The eyepiece holder uses a compression ring to prevent the eyepiece or camera barrel from scoring. On those prestine nights of steady seeing, Saturn's Rings can forever affect the hearts and minds of almost anyone who lays eyes on them. It's nights like these that astronomers like to set up their refractors and push the magnification to the limits, not only to see the magnificence of the planet at greater scale but to really test the optical and mechanical quality of the telescope. Many telescopes are only supplied with a standard single-speed focuser, you will find that a tiny nudge will throw out focus and turn your night into one of frustration. So we included as standard equipment, on all Explore Scientific AR Series, a ten-to-one, two-speed Crayford-style precision focuser with tension adjustment and lock to obtain and hold perfect focus. We think you'll agree that such precision is worth it.
- Universal Mounting Plate - The Universal Adjustable Mounting Plate of the AR 127 fits on many popular equatorial and Altaz mounts, including mounts supplied by Explore Scientific, Vixen, and Meade LXD55/75. Instead of using a cast metal part, Explore Scientific's Universal Mounting Plate is made from extruded aluminum for added strength, it is afterall what secures your telescope to the mount. We also include adjustment screws and locking bolts to allow adjustments to position the angle of the telescope when it is placed on its mount, an important feature when using an equatorial mount.
- 2" Diagonal Mirror - The Two Inch Mirror Diagonal includes a 1.25" eyepiece holder adapter. The purpose of a diagonal is to securely hold your eyepiece and to give you a comfortable viewing angle. Provided as standard equipment, Explore Scientific's Two Inch Diagonal incorporates a light-weight, one-piece diagonal body that securely cradles the precision polished diagonal flat mirror, insuring precision alignment.
- 8x50 Finder Scope - The Explore Scientific 8x50 Finder Scope provides a true field of view of 6 degree. Its coated optics provide a bright high-resolution image so that many faint stars and nebulosity can be detected for precise aiming. The front objective can be custom focused to provide a sharp image every time.
- Optical Design: Air-Spaced Doublet Achromatic Refractor
- Clear Aperture: 127mm
- Focal Length: 825mm
- Focal Ratio: f/6.5
- Resolving Power: .9 arc seconds
- Coatings: Fuly Multi-Coated
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13
- Maximum Practical Visual Power: 500x
- Lowest Useful Visual Power: 14.5x
- Focuser: Ten-to-One Dual-Speed Crayford-Style, w/ Adjustable Tension and Lock
- Finder Scope: 8x50 Straight; Adjustable Objective Focus; Dual-Ring, Six-Point,
- Bracket w/Quick Release Shoe
- Cradle/Saddle Plate: Dual Ring Style - Fits Explore Scientific Mounts; Vixen Mounts;
- Meade LXD55/75 Mounts
- Tube Diameter: 5.13" - 130.4mm
- Tube Length: 34" - 863.6mm
- Tube Construction: Aluminum; Stainless Steel
- Optical Tube Assembly Weight (with all standard accessories): 15 lbs - 6.8 kgs.
- Shipping Weight: 40 lbs
- Shipping Carton Dimensions: 16" x 13" x 35"
- Case Dimensions: 35" x 13" x 10"
- Recommended Optional Accessories: TwiLight II Mount; 82 degree Eyepieces; 100 degree Eyepieces
- Warranty: U.S.A. One-Year Limited Warranty, Extendable to Five Years (transferable) Upon Registration
- Removable Dew Shield
- Front and Rear Dust Covers
- Cradle Rings with Handle and Univsersal Saddle Plate
- 10:1 Two-Speed Focuser 2.0" I.D.
- 8x50 Finder Scope with Six Point Adjustable Bracket
- 2.0" Mirror Diagonal with 1.25 " Adapter