PARTICLE WAVE MONOLITH PIER, 10", 45" HEIGHT M104-45
Item No. 683-10030
Eligible for Scope City Rewards at Check-out
Manuf. No. Particle Wave M104-45
Particle Wave Monolith 10", 45" portable pier/tripod system, M104-45
The Monolith Support System is not just another tripod or portable pier. It is not made up from a collection of cast parts fastened to tubing material or tubing material cut to length and welded together, nor is it extruded aluminum cut and fastened together- Monolith is 100% engineered with fully computer optimized design. It is built from the ground up to be the finest and the best looking tripod/portable pier ever offered.
The Monolith is manufactured in a state of the art CNC machine shop. It is manufactured with the finest materials and using the same technologies used in the aircraft manufacturing industry. Every part, except two stainless steel screws, are CNC machined from 6061 and 7075 aircraft quality aluminum and 17-4ph stainless steel. The top and bottom body segments are machined from 6061 aircraft quality tubing. Monolith has a modular design. The segments are joined together, not welded, using the one of the bonding agents used by NASA.
Every effort was made to make the Monolith as light as possible without sacrificing strength, rigidity and rapid damping of vibrations. For example, structural ribbing and reinforcing is machined into the legs and the segment to reduce weight without reducing strength or introducing flexure under heavy loads.
Monolith is a complete system not merely a tripod or a portable pier. There are an increasing number of accessories available to adapt the. Monolith to virtually any need whether photographic or visual observing. One example is the permanent pier column. With this accessory, Monolith is converted to a permanent pier in less two minutes, eliminating the need to have a permanent pier for observing at your home observatory and a portable tripod/pier for remote site observing. From leg lights to full index adapter to accessory table, the Monolith can be customized to fit individual viewing or imaging needs. Even without accessories, the Monolith is the most versatile tripod/portable pier available.
Options and Accessories:
- Fully engineered with computer optimized design for maximum strength, rigidity and weight savings
- Fully CNC machined from 6061 and 7075 aircraft quality Aluminum and 17-4ph Stainless Steel - machined to extremely close tolerances
- Modular design incorporating structural reinforced and ribbed for maximum strength, rigidity and weight savings
- Internally baffled to reduce dampening time
- Interference fit, Zero play leg pivots - teflon coated bearings for effortless opening and closing of the legs
- Legs adjustable in spread - can be locked in virtually any position
- Fully supported leg design - the leg stays, store out of way into the body of the Monolith
- Fine height adjustment built-into the feet for accurate leveling
- Four surface positive leg lock mechanism - no knobs
- Ergonomically designed carry handle - reversible in orientation to maintain center of gravity if an adapter plate is attached
- Interchangeable shoes for the feet - adapts to different surfaces
- Convertible to permanent mounting with the addition of the permanent pier adapter
- Extremely strong and rigid with no perceivable flexure in the system
- Low center of gravity
- Superb machining
- Stunning looks
- Low maintenance and highly corrosion resistant
- Available in clear or black anodized - custom colors available as an option
- Available in 10" diameter and 24", 27", 33, 36", 39", 42", 48" heights (custom heights available)
- Many options and accessories
- Standard diameter and height - 8" and 10" diameters and 24", 36" and 48" height (29", 33", 42" and other heights available on request)
- 12" diameter available on especial order
- Standard finish is either black or clear anodized
- Paramount ME color scheme (anodized) as well as other colors available per request 6", 8", 10" and 12" extensions - adds up 12" to the height of Monolith
- Permanent pier column
- Spiked and flat shoes
- LED warning lights for the legs
- Custom adapter plates to mount virtually any EQ mount or fork mounted telescope (come standard with bubble level and compass)
- Soft and hard case for Monolith
- Case for internal storage area
- Shipping brackets
- Skates (similar to wheelie bar) with 6" lockable wheels
- Accessory tray for the skate
Note: If you want a custom color or finish, add one of the following numbers to your order and you will be charged extra.
- Monolith: 10"
- Diameter: 45"
- Height Closed: -
- Base Diameter (footprint): 52"
- Load rating: * 2500 lbs
- Weight (pounds) 36
Custom Color or Finish Options:
|Item Number ||Custom Option ||Extra Charge |
|683-11000 ||PARTICLE WAVE CUSTOM ANODIZING OR 2-TONE COLORS FOR MONOLITH ||$100.00 |
|683-11001 ||PARTICLE WAVE TYPE III HARD ANODIZE FINISH, BLACK, FOR MONOLITH, UPCHARGE ||$200.00 |
|683-11002 ||PARTICLE WAVE POWDER COAT FINISH FOR MONOLITH, UPCHARGE ||$200.00 |