Celestron NEXSTAR SLT 90 MAKSUTOV 22087
Item No. 102-18140
Manuf. No. Celestron 22087
Not available until March 2010
Celestron NexStar 90 SLT Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope on GoTo Mount, 22087
The Celestron Nexstar 90 SLT Telescope starts with a high quality 90mm Maksutov-Cassegrain. Fully coated optics, 1250mm focal length and f/13.9 focal ratio are capable of a stellar magnitude of 12.3 and 1.29 arc seconds of resolving power. It includes a motorized altazimuth mount with computerized hand control and 4,000+ object database. Easy, "no tools" setup means relaxing stargazing when coupled with two year Celestron warranty!
Designed to be an affordable entry level to mid-level computerized GoTo telescope, the Celestron NexStar Star Locating Telescope (SLT) refractors and reflectors are available in the most popular sizes and are loaded with valuable design features. With pre-assembled, adjustable stainless steel tripods, and quick release fork arms and tubes, NexStar SLT telescopes can be set up in a matter of minutes ?with no tools required! You can see details of the lunar surface, Venus and its phases, Mars resolved as an orange disc, Jupiter and its four moons, Saturn with its rings plainly visible and much more! Most NexStar SLT's can also be used as a land-based spotting telescope.
Powered by 8 AA user supplied batteries or an optional AC adapter (#18773) these Celestron NexStar GoTo's love to travel. The internal battery compartment provides power to the high precision servo motors for rigid low-vibration performance while eliminating cord wrap issues associated with external battery packs. With the NexStar's ergonomically-designed hand control, the user is free to remove the hand control from its holder for remote use or leave it cradled for hands-free operation. With a touch of a button you can select the object catalog, change the slew speed, view fascinating information about an object, or simply know if a desired object is visible in the sky.
At the heart of the Celestron Next Star 90 SLT is a quality 90mm Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope with an aperture of 90 mm (3.54 in). With a long focal ratio of f/13.89 and focal length of 1250 mm (49.21 in), this telescope also features multi-coated, high quality Celestron optics and makes use of a rack and pinion style focuser. The whole system, including the drive and computer units is easy to transport and easy to use!
Celestron's most affordable NexStar telescope turns starry nights into space odysseys. They come with a fully computerized hand control with a database of over 4,000 celestial objects. With its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the Celestron NexStar 90 SLT can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes. The new SkyAlign alignment technology and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED makes aligning a breeze. With the NexStar 90's you can see breathtaking views of the lunar landscape, Venus and its phases, Mars resolved as an orange disc, Jupiter and its 4 moons, Saturn resolved as a disc, with its rings plainly visible at medium and high magnification.
With Celestron's Revolutionary SkyAlign technology, aligning your telescope is easier and faster than ever. Simply input the date, time and your location (the CPC models have built-in GPS that does this for you) and then align the telescope to three bright stars of your choosing. You do not need to know the names of the stars -- you could even pick the moon or bright planets! The NexStar Computer system will automatically figure out which stars were chosen and then align the telescope. There is no need to point the telescope North or to level the optical tube -- the initial position of the telescope is irrelevant. This makes for a fast and very easy method for aligning the telescope.
Celestron NexStar 90 SLT Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope on GoTo Mount Features
- High quality 90 mm Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope on a fully computerized altazimuth mount.
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects.
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube, sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray for quick no tool set up.
- Includes CD-ROM "The Sky" Astronomy Software which provides education about the sky and printable sky maps.
- Proven NexStar computer control technology with a database which allows telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects.
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process.
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet.
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use and auxiliary port for additional accessories such as GPS accessory.
- Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer (with optional RS-232 cable).
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer.