SOFTWARE BISQUE PARAMOUNT ME ROBOTIC TELESCOPE SYSTEM MOUNT MNTGT1100MERED
Item No. 773-40000
Free Shipping (within the 48 contiguous US States only)
Manuf. No. Software Bisque MNTGT1100MERED
Special Order Item
The Paramount ME Robotic Telescope System features a German equatorial mount with research-grade 11-inch right ascension gears that provide unsurpassed tracking performance. Astronomers equipped with a Paramount ME are defining new levels of reliability, productivity and performance.
Hefting up to 68 kg (150 lbs) of astronomical equipment, and designed for uninterrupted operation, the Paramount ME can be used as a remote or Internet Astronomy solution. Through advanced CNC construction, it is ııfield portableıı at 29.5 kg (68 lbs). The system includes the Bisque Observatory Software Suite (TheSky6 Professional Edition, CCDSoft, TPoint and ProTrack, Orchestrate, and Internet Astronomy Software Client and Server applications) as well as the Bisque TCS dual-axis DC servomotor control system with USB and serial interface, and AutoHome start-up.
The Paramount ME is built for the digital age, featuring integrated telescope and CCD camera control, unattended start-up and automated operation, 7 arcseconds or less peak-to-peak periodic error before correction, and precision guided or unguided tracking (using TPoint and ProTrack). The result is unsurpassed image quality and observatory performance.
Minimum System Requirements
The following computer, software and hardware components are required to operate the Paramount ME.
Computer and Operating System
Any computer capable of running Windows XP (Home Edition, Professional Edition, Tablet Edition) or later and TheSky6 Professional Edition or later).
Serial/USB/Bluetooth Communications Interface
- In general, Software Bisque does not recommend controlling the Paramount ME with outdated, antiquated operating systems such as Window 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT.
- OR Any Windows Mobile Device capable of operating TheSky Pocket Edition.
The Paramount ME can communicate with a personal computer or Windows Mobile Device using either a native RS232 serial port, a native USB port, USB to serial adaptor or via wireless Bluetooth.
- Native USB port (PCMCIA-to-USB adaptors are not supported).
- OR A standard RS232 serial port.
- OR A compatible USB to Serial adaptor.
- OR Any wireless Bluetooth device (requires TheSky6 Professional Edition version 6.00.0
- TheSky6 Professional Edition or later (included with the Paramount ME).
- OR TheSky Pocket Edition (software and Windows Mobile Device sold separately).
- Paramount ME-compatible optical tube assembly (OTA).
- Suitable pier.