TAKAHASHI FSQ-85EDX APO OTA "BABY Q", NO FINDER FQK0085
Item No. 611-50025
Free Shipping (within the 48 contiguous US States only)
Manuf. No. Takahashi FQK0085, TSQ0085
Takahashi FSQ85ED F5.3 Astrograph Telescope OTA, FQK0085
Introducing the new "Baby Q" Takahashi FSQ-85! The Takahashi name has long been regarded as one of the finest refractors available for film and CCD imaging. Wide field, large image circle, excellent color correction and a flat field were just some of the notable points of these fine instruments.
The "Baby Q" Takahashi FSQ85ED telescope is the newest and smallest member of the FSQ Series of flat field astrographs. Designed from the ground up for digital imaging, the Baby ýQý is the go anywhere, portable astrograph. Easily airline transportable at 12.68ý [322mm] collapsed, the FSQ-85ED will fit under an airline seat or fit easily into an overhead compartment for ultimate portability. Take the Tak Baby Q to Chile to image the Magellanic Clouds or to a remote site anywhere in the world. At less than 9 pounds, a small, high quality mount turns it into a traveling astrophotographer's dream.
Let's start with a significantly longer backfocus at more than 200mm to accommodate most medium format CCD systems. Many CCD imagers have additional equipment in the light path which takes up precious focus travel. Thanks to a new design, the FSQ85ED provides the additional backfocus to accommodate most medium CCD equipment, your digitial SLR and even allows the use of binoviewers!
The Takahashi FSQ-85ED telescope comes equipped with a newly designed heavy-duty 78mm focuser with a built-in camera angle adjuster. Designed for all applications in mind, the focuser will lift your equipment, and keep it there without slipping. Do you need to make adjustments? No problem. Takahashi has thought of that, too... And that's why they've designed the adjuster to rotate a full 360ý without loss of critical focus. Check out the Takahashi FSQ85ED System Chart for a quick tutorial on connecting accessories to the Baby Q.
But, improvements haven't stopped there. Takahashi has redesigned the optical system in the Takahashi FSQ85ED F5.3 Astrograph Telescope to a modified four element double ED Petzval system . By adding a second doublet inside the tube, the optical wavefront can be optimized to remove any astigmatism - this in turn acts as a field flattener. The Takahashi FSQ85ED F5.3 Astrograph Telescope optical system is incredible for imaging - providing wide, flat fields, high contrast and no lateral color, yet it is also capable of outstanding visual work delivering a whalloping 7.0ý of sky in a compact package. Color correction from the near UV to the near IR insures tight stellar images across the entire color range. Use the optional Takahashi Extender-ED focal reducer for imaging applications to or to increase focal length for high power viewing. Now, that's a stellar image....
Do you need more? Then think on this... Another improvement on the new Takahashi FSQ85ED is the enhanced portability from the new, retractable, self-storing dew shield design. The Takahashi FSQ85ED is extremely airline portable at only 12.68ý long when the dew shield is collapsed and stays in a tidy package. Inside the all aluminum tube, you'll find knife-edge baffles block off axis light and provide maximum contrast. Outside you'll find the perfect fit and finish with its rich white color and ebony and scarlet trim. The focuser and the aluminum castings will continue to be made one at a time for consistent, optimal quality. That's a Takahashi guarantee.
Specifications of Takahashi FSQ85ED F5.3 Astrograph Telescope
Features of Takahashi FSQ85ED F5.3 Astrograph Telescope
- Modified Four Element Double ED Petzval design eliminates astigmatism, coma, secondary spectrum, spherical aberration and field curvature.
- The Takahashi FSQ85ED F5.3 Astrograph Telescope provides over 200mm of backfocus to accommodate demanding applications.
- Outstanding flat field with 60mm image circle and accepts medium format CCD cameras or Digital SLRs.
- The Takahashi FSQ85ED F5.3 Astrograph Telescope includes 72mm rack and pinion focuser with built-in 360ý rotatable camera angle adjuster.
- High order of color correction produces outstanding images and extremely fine visuals.
- The Takahashi FSQ85ED F5.3 Astrograph Telescope is airline portable at only 12.68ý long!
- Five Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Uses a newly designed Extender-ED 1.5x to increase focal length for high power viewing.
- Focal length with Extender-ED 1.5X: 328mm
- Designed from the beginning for digital imaging.
- Image circle with Extender-ED 1.5X: 44mm
- Focal ratio with Extender-ED 1.5X: f/8
- Metal back with Extender-ED 1.5X: 117.5
- Highly portable for worldwide or remote site uses.
- Tube Length: 322mm [12.68ý] w/lens shade collapsed.
- Total weight: 3.9kgs [8.58lbs]