TAKAHASHI TSA-120 W/EM-11 T-2 MOUNT, FC-L TRIPOD, FINDER, DIAGONAL, EP TSS0120
Item No. 111-10370
Free Shipping (within the 48 contiguous US States only)
Manuf. No. Takahashi TSS0120
Special Order Item
Takahashi TSA-120 120mm Triplet Super APO Refractor Telescope with Takahashi EM-11 Temma II EQ Mount, TSS0120
The "T" stands for Triplet and an air-spaced triplet design is exactly what you'll get. Inside the precision crafted lens cell, you'll find three elements, two extreme quality crown and flint glass, with an FPL-53 Extra-low Dispersion glass element sandwiched in between. While traditional refractor designs use oil in between elements, Takahashi doesn't... that means no oil to possibly leak out or become opaque with age.
The "SA" stand for "Super Apochromat" and Apochromatic means you're free from those strange violet glows which often accompany bright stars or planets. The lens cells are durably constructed to withstand transport - yet are fully able to be collimated should the owner wish to make adjustments. Just like its little brother, the TSA-102S, the optics on the Takahashi TSA-120 will be, we are sure, as near to perfection as you can get! The color free images produced will delight the lunar, planetary and deep sky observer with very high contract images with pinpoint stars.
With a weight capacity of up to 25 pounds, the Takahashi EM-11 Temma II "GoTo" mount is made for small to medium sized loads. Made for use a over the world, but with limit for the latitude, this precision construction mount is capable of GoTo operation with your PC. Its high speed drive operates at 120X at DC12V and 250X at DC24V with a power consumption of DC12V: 0.3/1.3A (1.7A) sidereal/high speed (start). DC24V: 0.3/1.9A (1.9A). With an operation temperature spanning between -5 through +30ý Celesius, the Takahashi EM-11 Temma II Mount has a manual operation correcting speed of RA: 0.1 ~ 1.9x to the sidereal rate by 0.1X increments. Dec: +/- 1.5 ~ 13.5 arc sec/sec by 1.5 arc sec/sec increments. It includes mode indicators - a red light indicates high speed - while a green light indicates normal mode operation. The "GoTo Disc" is Pegasus 21 and accessory cabling is RS232C cable or RJ-11 cables.
Specifications of Takahashi TSA-120 120mm Triplet Super APO Refractor Telescope with EM-11 Temma II EQ Mount
Features of Takahashi TSA-120 120mm Triplet Super APO Refractor Telescope with EM-11 Temma II EQ Mount
- The Takahashi TSA-120 Triplet APO Refractor has a 900mm focal length (f/7.5) and a tube diameter of 125mm.
- The Ortho-Apochromatic Triplet Lens incorporates an FPL-53 Extra-low Dispersion glass element sandwiched between crown glass to eliminate chromatic aberration.
- The weight of the Takahashi TSA-120 Triplet APO Refractor tube assembly is 12.6 pounds and the tube length is approximately 28.25" when collapsed.
- The Takahashi EM-200 Temma II Mount is fully GoTo functional when controlled with your PC.
- Includes at latitude scale from 0ý to 50ý and integrated polar finder.
- The Takahashi EM-11 Temma II mount offers a maximum weight capacity of 25 lbs. in a portable package.
- Double motor drives controlled by handbox or your PC.
- Aperture: 120mm
- Focal Length: 900mm
- Focal Ratio: 7.5
- Tube Length with Dew Shield: 990mm
- Tube Diameter: 125mm
- Diameter of Dew Shield: 713mm (28")
- Weight: 12.6 lbs
- Resolution: 0.97
- Limiting Magnitude: 12.1
- Back Focus: 227.5mm (8.93")
- With TOA-35 Flattener:
Focal Length: 882mm
Focal Ratio: f/7.3
- Optical Performance: 7 micron RMS-spot to 20mm off axis
- Image Circle: 40mm
- Image Field: 2.6" diameter.
- With TOA-35 Reducer:
Focal Length: 672mm
Focal Ratio: f/5.6
- Optical Performance: 4 microns RMS-spot on axis, 6 microns 10mm off-axis, 13 microns 20mm off-axis, 40mm/3.4" field.
- Power Consumption 12V : 0.3A (tracking at sidereal rate), 1.3A (high speed slewing), 1.7A (starting) 24V : 0.3A (tracking at sidereal rate), 1.9A (high speed slewing), 1.9A (starting).
- Tube Mounting and Mounting Capacities: 2 x M8 screws (separated by 35mm) and tube rings, plates and dovetail mounting plates.
- R.A. axis diameter (material) 52 mm (aluminium)
- R.A. worm gear shaft diameter (material) 14 mm (iron)
- R.A. gear diameter (material) 74 mm/144 teeth (zinc)
- DEC. axis diameter (material) 52 mm (aluminium)
- DEC. worm gear shaft diameter (material) 14 mm (brass).
- Stepper Motors Accuracy 100 pps
- Slow Motion Speeds 0.1x to 1.9x the sidereal rate
- High Speed Mode 120x the sidereal rate (12V DC)
- 240x the sidereal rate (24V DC).
- Worm gear shaft cycle 10 minutes
- Tracking Accuracy +/- 10"
- Autoguiding SBIG ST-4/7 compatible.
- Maximal Loading Capacity 9 kg (without counterweight)
- Optimal Loading Capacity 6 kg (without counterweight).
- Elevation Adjustments 20 to 50 degree
- Polar Finder / Accuracy Built-in / 5' - R.A. Setting Circle Accuracy 10 arcminutes
- DEC. Setting Circle Accuracy 2 degree