TAKAHASHI EM-500 TEMMA-2 540X MOUNT (100# MAX) TSM7100
Item No. 611-10140
Free Shipping (within the 48 contiguous US States only)
Manuf. No. Takahashi TSM7100
Special Order Item
Takahashi EM-500 Temma II Mount, TSM7100
The state-of-the-art EM-500 Temma II mount has a tracking accuracy that is guaranteed to +/- 3.5 arc seconds without periodic error correction and it runs off of 24V DC. The EM-500 Temma II slews at 560X the Sidereal rate. The Temma II GoTo System can be operated via The Sky, Level IV software and is closed-loop. This means that the telescope can be moved manually without restarting the GoTo system. The mount can also be operated in manual (non-GoTo) mode without connecting to a computer and dual-axis tracking is available in this mode.
The self-contained illuminated polar finder is accurate to two arc minutes of the pole. Autoguider and CCD cables are available for most CCD cameras including serial, RJ-11, and USB connectors. Main gears are phosphor-bronze with matching moly-steel worms for greater accuracy and durability vs. aluminum & stainless steel. New, precision micro-stepping motors provide high durabilty with softer pulse-peaks for better imaging. No need for servos and variable-voltage systems that reduce longevity.
SPECIFICATIONS for the EM-500 Temma II
- Type German type, RA/DEC Motor Driven System Built-In
- R.A. Slow Motion Electric
- DEC Slow Motion Electric
- Self-contained illuminated polar finder Accurate to two arc minutes of the pole
- Operation 12V/24v
- Slewing speed 520x sidereal @ 24v
- Input Terminal For Auto Guider (ST-4)
- Loading Capacity 40kg.(89lbs.) but it can reasonably handle 120lbs.
- Tracking Accuracy +/-3.5"
- Operational software The Sky, Level IV software and is closed-loop