Vixen Refractor OTA A80MF - 80mm f/11.4 2603
Item No. 605-12602
Free Shipping (within the 48 contiguous US States only)
Manuf. No. Vixen 2603
The Vixen A80Mf is is relatively inexpensive, but the ability to choose your mount is a real plus!
The 80mm optics are 78% brighter than competitor's 60mm models, and gathers 130X more light than your unaided eyes.
Comes with diagonal, two eyepieces, a finderscope, and attachment hardware to connect this telescope to the Vixen mount of your choice.
Unlike traditional refractors, the OTA easily disconnects from the mount for on-the-go use, allowing the entire telescope to easily fit in most compact cars.
Mount sold separately.
If you are looking to start out with something a little larger than a beginner scope, or need a better finderscope for your large telescope, the A80Mf is the one to buy. Although it is just 10mm larger than its smaller cousin the A70Lf, the extra aperture will revel more detail in solar system objects and the deep sky alike. You'll find yourself using the 80mm size for terrestrial viewing of ships on the ocean or whale watching. The A80Mf, although inexpensive, is not a toy telescope. It has the same quality glass and exacting workmanship that goes into Vixen's much larger instruments.
The Vixen A80Mf is an Achromatic Refractor with 80mm (3.2ý) of aperture. Its focal length is 910mm (3 ft.) with an f/ratio of 11.4. The A80Mf gathers 130 times more light than the human eye. It weighs about 5.5 lbs.
Vixen A80MF 80mm f/11.4 Refractor OTA Specifications
- A smaller 6-power finder telescope that attaches to the main scope to help you center the object.
- A 20mm eyepiece for general viewing.
- A 6.3mm eyepiece for those really clear nights for high power viewing.
- A diagonal prism that connects the eyepiece to the telescope.
- A Dew / Sun shield.
- Tube rings and dovetail plate to quickly attach the A80Mf to your choice of optional Vixen mounts.
- Optical Design: Achromatic Refractor
- Aperture: 3.2" (80mm)
- Limiting Visual Magnitude: 11.3
- Focal Ratio: f/11.4
- Focal Length: 35.8" (910mm)
- Optical Tube Dimensions: 35.8" x 33.9" (90mm x 860mm)
- Secondary Obstruction: N/A
- Focuser Design: Rack & Pinion
- Total Weight: 5.5 lbs. (2.5kg)