Leica Angled Spotting Scope Televid APO 65mm w/ 25-50x Zoom 40132
Item No. 272-20030
Free Shipping (within the 48 contiguous US States only)
Manuf. No. Leica 40132
Special Order Item
The Televid APO 65 is ideal for nature and bird watchers who are particularly active during the day. The smaller size and weight, however, does not mean you sacrifice optical performance. Part of a new generation of Televids, this angled spotting scope offers amazing color accuracy, image definition and details down to less than ten feet away. Plus, for the first time, Leica provides a subjective field of view of more than 60 degree across the entire zoom range with this unique 25-50x variable wide-angle eyepiece.
The Televid focus system
- 4-part fluoride lens objective brings views of maximum color fidelity and rich contrast.
- Optically neutral front lens glass protects the APO optics.
- 8-element zoom eyepiece with interchangeable bayonet system has an integrated, automatic eyepiece lock for a secure mount.
- Multiple anti-reflection coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces deliver brilliant images that are pin-sharp and highly contrasted.
- Put the optics of the 65mm Televid to work and capture extremely high quality photgraphic images, too.
A patented advanced focusing system brings fast and easy travel within reach of your fingers. Two focus knobs are conveniently located on the upper center-line of the spotting scope. Fine focus knob takes 15 revolutions to travel throughout the focus range. Coarse focus knob passes through the entire range in only five revolutions. This arrangement facilitates speedy, accurate focusing at both high and low magnifications. Once the knobs are set, the scope will remain in focus.
A rugged performer in any weather.
Enjoy clear views, even on the foggiest of mornings. Leica's AquaDura lens coating ensures greater visibility in the wind and rain, too.
What about the angled eyepiece position?
- 100% waterproof, dry nitrogen-purged scope body and eyepiece for fog proof viewing and reliability in any weather.
- AquaDura lens coating provides a water- and dirt-resistant protective layer on the outer glass surface that reduces the cleaning required.
- Sliding lens hood with sighting aid keeps dew and stray light off lenses for better viewing.
- Die-cast magnesium housing is strong and lightweight.
- Fully rubber armored for complete protection and quiet, comfortable handling in cold weather.
This eyepiece design is a favorite among folks watching birds high in the treetops, scanning higher elevations for wildlife, and gazing at the moon. In other words, the angled eyepiece is ideal for people who often view upward from a lower vantage point. If you tend to share your scope with others, you'll find this angled eyepiece position readily accommodates users of many different heights with fewer tripod adjustments.
Features of Leica Televid APO 65mm Angled Spotting Scope with 25-50x Eyepiece
The Leica Televid APO 65mm Angled Spotting Scope with 25-50x Eyepiece comes with:
- Objective Lens Diameter 65 mm
- Weight 38.8 ounces
- Length 11.8 inches
- Close Focus 9.8 feet
- Weatherproofing Waterproof/Fogproof
- Included Eyepiece 25-50x
- Eye Relief 19 mm
- Field of View 92-35 feet/1000 yards
- 25-50x zoom eyepiece
- Angled 65mm APO spotting scope body
- Objective lens cover
- Ocular lens cover
- Leica lifetime warranty