Imaging Source Low Cost, High Resolution USB Color Telescope Camera without IR Cut Filter DBK31AU03.AS
Item No. 798-10007
Free Shipping (within the 48 contiguous US States only)
Manuf. No. Imaging Source DBK31AU03.AS
Expect a 6 to 8 week delay for delivery of this item
Imaging Source CCD Camera Low Cost, High Resolution USB Color Telescope Camera without IR Cut Filter. DBK31AU03.AS
High resolution, fast refresh rate
The telescope camera DBK 31AU03.AS combines a high resolution, fast refresh rate and a low price. Therefore, it is ideally suited to amateur astronomers wishing to deploy a mega pixel camera. Using the shipped software - IC Capture - you can save the captured images to lossless and uncompressed AVI files.
Fast display of color images
For the visualization of the raw data from the color CCD (RAW format), the data stream must be post processed (color interpolation). Interpolated color images require much more bandwidth to transfer than original RAW images. Color interpolation in the CCD camera DBK 31AU03.AS can be switched off and thus 30 color frames per second can be transfered. In this case, the images are color interpolated on the host PC with the shipped software IC Capture.AS. Alternatively, should color interpolation not be desirable at all, AVI files can be written in RAW format.
Sony color CCD
The astro CCD camera DBK 31AU03.AS is fitted with the color CCD ICX204AK, manufactured by Sony. The resolution of the CCD is 1024 x 768 pixel at a format of 1/3". Even at long exposure times, its noise is minimal. Due to the high quality of the ICX204AK, it is often used in medical image processing applications.
IR cut filter
Color cameras that do not possess a color filter offer users a large degree of flexibility: Filters may be added as required by a specific application. Therefore, we ship the telescope camera DBK 31AU03.AS without an IR cut filter.
Fast data transfer via USB 2.0
The astro CCD camera DBK 31AU03.AS outputs high resolution images in a fast sequence. In order to transfer these large amounts of data to the host PC, a very fast bus is required - USB 2.0.
Shipped software for Windows
This camera ships with the camera driver IC WDM DCAM TIS and the control software IC Capture.AS.
- Color USB camera without IR cut filter
- 1/3" CCD, progressive scan
- Resolution 1024 x 768
- Max. 30 fps
- Max exposure time 60 min
- C/CS Mount
- Software included
Technical specification, detailing all important parameters of the DBK 31AU03.AS astronomy camera:
- Product Code: DBK 31AU03.AS
- Type: color USB camera without IR cut filter
- Connection: USB
- Manufacturer: The Imaging Source
- Sensor: CCD
- Type: progressive scan
- Sensor specification: Sony ICX204AK PDF
- Format: 1/3"
- Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixel
- Dynamic range: 8 bit
- Exposure time: 1/10000 s to 60 minutes
- Gain: 0 dB to 36 dB
- FPS @ Max resolution: 30 fps
- Video formats @ Frame rate: 1024 x 768, BY8 (RAW) @ 30, 15, 7.5, 3.75 fps 1024 x 768, UYVY @ 15, 7.5, 3.75 fps
- Lens mount: C/CS mount
- Supply voltage: 4.5 V to 5.5 V via the cable
- Current consumption: approx 500 mA @ 5 VDC
- Dimensions (H x W x L): 50.6 mm x 50.6 mm x 50 mm
- Mass: 265 g
- Max. temperature (operation): -5 degree C to 45 degree C
- Max. temperature (storage): -20 degree C to 60 degree C
- Max. humidity (operation): 20 % to 80 %
- Max. humidity (storage): 20 % to 95 %