Imaging Source Low Cost, High Resolution USB Color Telescope Camera DFK 31AU03.AS
Item No. 798-10004
Free Shipping (within the 48 contiguous US States only)
Manuf. No. Imaging Source DFK31AU03.AS
Expect a 6 to 8 week delay for delivery of this item
Imaging Source CCD Camera Low Cost, High Resolution USB Color Telescope Camera, DFK 31AU03.AS
High resolution, fast refresh rate
Three characteristics make the telescope camera DFK 31AU03.AS an ideal tool for color astrophotography: high resolution, fast refresh rate and a low price. Using the shipped software - IC Capture - you can save the captured images to lossless and uncompressed AVI files.
Fast display of color images
IC Capture.AS performs color interpolation on the raw color data (RAW format) from the CCD chip. This reduces the load on the camera processor. On the other hand, if you prefer the camera itself to perform color interpolation, simply select the appropriate option in the shipped software IC Capture.AS. In this case, the maximum frame rate is 15 fps. Alternatively, should color interpolation not be desirable at all, AVI files can be written in RAW format.
Sony color CCD
A Sony color CCD, type ICX204AK is at the core of the astro CCD camera DFK 31AU03.AS. The format of this CCD is 1/3" at a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels. Even at long exposure times, its noise is minimal. The unsurpassed quality of the CCD allows its deployment in scientific image processing applications.
IR cut filter
Unlike the human eye, CCDs are sensitive to near infrared light (wavelengths over 700nm). The CCD camera DFK 31AU03.AS ships with an IR cut filter. Thus, its deployment is recommended for applications in which capture of these wavelengths would lead to interference.
Fast data transfer via USB 2.0
The astro CCD camera DFK 31AU03.AS is particularly well known for its ability to output high resolution images at high speed. In order to transfer these large amounts of data to the host PC, a very fast bus is required - USB 2.0.
Shipped software for Windows
This camera ships with the camera driver IC WDM DCAM TIS and the control software IC Capture.AS.
- Color USB camera with IR cut filter
- 1/3" CCD, progressive scan
- Resolution 1024 x 768
- Max. 30 fps
- Max exposure time 60 min
- C/CS Mount
- Software included
Technical specification, detailing all important parameters of the DFK 31AU03.AS astronomy camera:
- Product Code: DFK 31AU03.AS
- Type: color USB camera with IR cut filter
- Connection: USB
- Manufacturer; The Imaging Source
- Sensor: CCD
- Type: progressive scan
- Sensor specification: Sony ICX204AK PDF
- Format: 1/3"
- Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixel
- Dynamic range: 8 bit
- Exposure time: 1/10000 s to 60 minutes
- Gain: 0 dB to 36 dB
- FPS @ Max resolution: 30 fps
- Video formats @ Frame rate: 1024 x 768, BY8 (RAW) @ 30, 15, 7.5, 3.75 fps 1024 x 768, UYVY @ 15, 7.5, 3.75 fps
- Lens mount: C/CS mount
- Supply voltage: 4.5 V to 5.5 V via the cable
- Current consumption: approx 500 mA @ 5 VDC
- Dimensions (H x W x L): 50.6 mm x 50.6 mm x 50 mm
- Mass: 265 g
- Max. temperature (operation): -5 degree C to 45 degree C
- Max. temperature (storage): -20 degree C to 60 degree C
- Max. humidity (operation): 20 % to 80 %
- Max. humidity (storage): 20 % to 95 %