Imaging Source USB Color Camera with 60 fps for CCD Astronomy DFK 21AU04.AS
Item No. 798-10003
Free Shipping (within the 48 contiguous US States only)
Manuf. No. Imaging Source DFK21AU04.AS
Expect a 6 to 8 week delay for delivery of this item
Imaging Source CCD Camera USB Color Camera with 60 fps for CCD Astronomy, DFK 21AU04.AS
Up to 60 color frame per second
With up to 60 fps, this astro CCD cameras is ideally suited to color astrophotography, in which very fast sequences of images are captured. Using the shipped software - IC Capture.AS - you can capture lossless and uncompressed images sequences as AVI files.
Fast display of color images
IC Capture.AS performs color interpolation on the raw color data (RAW format) from the CCD chip. This reduces the load on the camera processor. Should, on the other hand, the camera be installed on a host PC in which the CPU is not particularly fast, color interpolation can be performed by the camera itself. In this case, the maximum refresh rate is 30 fps. Alternatively, should color interpolation not be desirable at all, AVI files can be written in RAW format.
Sony color CCD
The telescope camera DFK 21AU04.AS uses a modern color CCD chip (ICX098BQ, progressive scan, manufactured by Sonyż. It outputs a resolution of 640 x 480 pixel at a 1/4" format. Even at long exposure times, its noise is minimal. The high quality of the CCD chip also permits its deployment in scientific image processing applications.
IR cut filter
The CCD camera DFK 21AU04.AS is equipped with an IR cut filter that blocks wavelengths above 700nm. Thus, its properties are similar to those of the human eye.
Fast data transfer via USB 2.0
The telescope camera DFK 21AU04.AS generates a fast stream of uncompressed color images. In order to transfer these to the host PC, a very fast bus is required. Hence, the camera is fitted with a USB 2.0 connector.
Shipped software for Windows
This camera ships with the camera driver IC WDM DCAM TIS and the control software IC Capture.AS.
- Color USB camera with IR cut filter
- 1/4" CCD, progressive scan
- Resolution 640 x 480
- Max. 60 fps
- Max exposure time 60 min
- C/CS Mount
- Software included
Technical specification, detailing all important parameters of the DFK 21AU04.AS astronomy camera:
- Product Code: DFK 21AU04.AS
- Type: color USB camera with IR cut filter
- Connection: USB
- Manufacturer: The Imaging Source
- Sensor: CCD
- Type: progressive scan
- Sensor specification: Sony ICX098BQ PDF
- Format: 1/4"
- Resolution: 640 x 480 pixel
- Dynamic range: 8 bit
- Exposure time: 1/10000 s to 60 minutes
- Gain: 0 dB to 36 dB
- FPS @ Max resolution: 60 fps
- Video formats @ Frame rate: 640 x 480, BY8 (RAW) @ 60, 30, 15, 7.5, 3.75 fps 640 x 480, UYVY @ 30, 15, 7.5, 3.75 fps
- Lens mount: C/CS mount
- Supply voltage: 4.5 V to 5.5 V via the cable
- Current consumption: approx 500 mA @ 5 VDC
- Dimensions (H x W x L): 50.6 mm x 50.6 mm x 50 mm
- Mass: 265 g
- Max. temperature (operation): -5 degree C to 45 degree C
- Max. temperature (storage): -20 degree C to 60 degree C
- Max. humidity (operation): 20 % to 80 %
- Max. humidity (storage): 20 % to 95 %