Imaging Source Monochrome USB Telescope Camera with 60 fps for Astrophotography DMK21AU04.AS
Item No. 798-10000
Free Shipping (within the 48 contiguous US States only)
Manuf. No. Imaging Source DMK21AU04.AS
Expect a 6 to 8 week delay for delivery of this item
Imaging Source CCD Camera Monochrome USB Telescope Camera with 60 fps for Astrophotography, DMK21AU04.AS
Up to 60 frames per second
With 60 fps, the monochrome telescope camera DMK 21AU04.AS is the fastest within its category. It is ideally suited to black and white astrophotography, in which very fast image sequences are captured. Using the shipped software - IC Capture.AS - you can capture lossless and uncompressed images sequences as AVI files.
Monochrome Sony CCD
The astro CCD camera DMK 21AU04.AS uses the monochrome progressive scan CCD ICX098BL from Sony. With its 1/4" format, the CCD produces a resolution of 640 x 480 pixels. Even at long exposure times, its noise is minimal. Thanks to its unsurpassed quality, the ICX098BL is often used in industrial image processing applications.
No compression, no filter
The CCD camera DMK 21AU04.AS does not use compression, nor does it have an IR cut filter, a color filter or an electronic filter. Thus, the camera produces very true-to-life captures of the night sky.
Fast data transfer via USB 2.0
The telescope camera DMK 21AU04.AS generates a high rate of uncompressed monochrome images. In order to transfer these to the host PC, a very fast bus is required. Hence, the camera is fitted with a USB 2.0 connector.
Shipped software for Windows
This camera ships with the camera driver IC WDM DCAM TIS and the control software IC Capture.AS.
- Monochrome USB camera without IR cut filter
- 1/4" CCD, progressive scan
- Resolution 640 x 480
- Max. 60 fps
- Max exposure time 60 min
- C/CS Mount
- Software included
Technical specification, detailing all important parameters of the DMK 21AU04.AS astronomy camera:
- Product Code: DMK 21AU04.AS
- Type: monochrome USB camera without IR cut filter
- Connection: USB
- Manufacturer: The Imaging Source
- Sensor: CCD
- Type: progressive scan
- Sensor specification: Sony ICX098BL PDF
- Format: 1/4"
- Resolution: 640 x 480 pixel
- Dynamic range: 8 bit
- Exposure time: 1/10000 s to 60 minutes
- Gain: 0 dB to 36 dB
- FPS @ Max resolution: 60 fps
- Video formats @ Frame rate: 640 x 480, Y800 @ 60, 30, 15, 7.5, 3.75 fps
- Lens mount: C/CS mount
- Supply voltage: 4.5 V to 5.5 V via the cable
- Current consumption: approx 500 mA @ 5 VDC
- Dimensions: (H x W x L) 50.6 mm x 50.6 mm x 50 mm
- Mass: 265 g
- Max. temperature (operation): -5 degree C to 45 degree C
- Max. temperature (storage): -20 degree C to 60 degree C
- Max. humidity (operation): 20 % to 80 %
- Max. humidity (storage): 20 % to 95 %