Astrozap Telescope Flexible Dew Shield for 6" Celestron SCT - AZ116
Item No. 793-10116
Manuf. No. Astrozap AZ-116
It has a notch cut into it to clear the mounting dovetail on the side of the removable NexStar 6SE optical tube. This gives the dew shield a smoother and tighter fit to prevent air and light leaks.
- This dew shield fits the Celestron 6" NexStar 6SE Schmidt-Cassegrain.
- Nicely made and felt-lined, these flexible dew shields are a great choice for those who prefer a more economical answer to dewy, wet nights.
- The ultimate flexible dew shield, made of lightweight, durable ABS plastic that wonęt chip or crack.
- Black ABS plastic with Velcro strips for adjustable fit around and quick wrap-around placement onto the corrector plate rim.
- The interior is felt-lined to help absorb moisture and to prevent extraneous light from reaching the optics.
- A two-inch rubber trim also wraps around the OTA to prevent any slippage.
- Lays flat or rolls up for easy storage.
The Astrozap dew shield/lens shade is made of lightweight, flexible, and durable black ABS plastic, lined with black felt to absorb both moisture and light. Aside from retarding the formation of dew during nighttime observing, it acts as a lens shade to block neighboring lights and provide a sharper and higher contrast image when doing astronomical observing from a light-polluted city or suburban site.
Simply wrap the Astrozap around the optical tubeęs front cell, making sure the notch aligns with the dovetail bar. The ends of the dew shield overlap and Velcro strips on the overlapping ends hold it firmly closed in a tubular shape. The Velcro closures are sewn in place for durability. A two-inch rubber trim inside the dew shield clasps the telescope optical tube front cell snugly to prevent any slippage of the dew shield during use.
Storage is easy. You can roll the Astrozap up like a newspaper and fasten it with a rubber band or string to stand out of the way in the back of a closet when not in use. Alternatively, you can store it open and flat in the top of your telescope carrying case or standing on end out of the way in the back of a closet.
- Weight: 1.25 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 year