Hickson Group Observer's Guide by Alvin Huey
Item No. 826-10150
Manuf. No. Scope City 890-10150
The Hickson Group Observer's Guide is the first in the "At The Eyepiece" series authored by Alvin Huey. The guides are written for intermediate and advanced observers who like a challenge. The "meat" of this publication features a two page spread containing everything an observer needs to locate, detect and observe each Group. The guide includes a naked eye chart with a TelRadTM superimposed upon it, a wide-field finder chart (about 2 x 1.5 degrees), a labeled inverted DSS image, an eyepiece rendition and detailed observerýs notes. Search Inside this Book
A discussion on observing galaxies, equipment selection, observing sites and recording observations are included.
2nd Edition, 258 pages.
Changes from the 1st edition (listed in order):
- Visual Appearance of Galaxies section enhanced with illustrations
- Observing Equipment enhanced with illustrations
- Observing Site and Quality added
- DSS image labeled with component letter
- High power chart is deleted
- Observing notes from third page is moved in place of high power chart.
- Eyepiece sketch page is deleted.
- Result: two page spread for each Hickson Group to further enhance usability.
- Less pages due to the changes listed above (nearly 200 pages lighter).