JMI RB-10 Reverse Binocular Telescope
Item No. 165-67000
Eligible for Scope City Rewards at Check-out
Manuf. No. JMI RB10
Special Order Item
Jim's Mobile (JMI) - 10" f/4.7 Reverse Binocular Telescope (RB-10)
What is the Reverse Binocular?
- Dual 10" Newtonian reflectors on Alt-Az mount create unique viewing experience.
- Motorized adjustment for eye spacing, focusing, and optical tube alignment.
- Fold-away motorcycle type handlebars allows for easy pointing!
- Compatible with JMI MAX computers.
- Includes Celestron tripod.
The Reverse Binocular allows you to look down into the eyepieces, either sitting or standing, to see what is in the sky behind you, instead of straining to look up as is the case with normal binoculars. They are built with two aligned Newtonian optical tubes on an alt-az mount creating a very compact and comfortable viewing experience (U.S. Patent Pending).
What is an Alt-Az Mount?
The Reverse Binocular includes an altitude-azimuth mount. Altitude-azimuth is sometimes abbreviated as alt-azimuth or just alt-az. An alt-az mount moves in altitude (up and down) on a horizontal axis and in azimuth (left and right) on a vertical axis like a gun turret on a tank. By comparison, an equatorial mount is essentially an alt-az mount that is tilted to match your latitude, allowing a telescope to track the stars with the addition of a simple clock drive. Both types of mounts have their advantages. Which one is best for a particular situation depends mostly on how one intends to use the telescope.
JMI's celebrated quality construction
- Protective white cover (available in black by special order)
- Six motors for adjusting inter-ocular (eye) spacing, focusing and optical tube alignment with the touch of a button
- Reverse Crayford focusers
- Fold-away motorcycle type handle bars for pointing the instrument
- Handlebar and wheels for easy movement of the instrument
- Compatible with MAX computers
- Battery operation
- Type: Dual Newtonian reflectors
- Mount: Alt-Az mount (with Delrin for smooth azimuth operation) attached to a pier mount
- Mirrors: 10" f/4.7 primary mirrors, 2.25" diagonal secondary mirrors
- Clearance Between Optical Tubes: 10"
- Eyepiece Spacing: Variable from 2" to 3.25"
- Alignment: Motorized x and y axis for optical tube alignment
- Power: 6vDC operation with battery (includes AC charger)
- Binocular Weight: Approximately 68 lb.
- Binocular Height: 47ý (from top of tripod to top of binocular with binocular locked into vertical position)
- Binocular Width: 34ý
- Binocular Depth: 13ý (folded)